Puppies and kittens need a series of vaccinations to be fully protected. The recommended vaccinations and frequency of vaccinations are best determined during a consultation and exam with one of our doctors. We discuss this on a case by case basis, because your pets age, environment and activities factor into their health care. Other topics that we address during the pediatric wellness examination include intestinal parasite control, flea and tick control, heartworm prevention, nutrition, dental disease, microhipping, behavioral issues, as well as spaying and neutering.
For your convenience, Airport Pet Clinic offers affordable wellness plans for both puppies and kittens to help your pet get the preventative care they need. Our prepaid programs for puppies/kittens under 5 months of age provide excellent care for your pet during the most vulnerable months of their life. The packages include:
- One initial health examination by a doctor at Airport Pet Clinic. One additional recheck exam is included, but must be done before your pet is 6 months old. All subsequent visits will be performed by a tech unless owner elects to have their pet examined by a doctor (charged at the regular exam fee).
- The program includes the following vaccines and boosters (deemed as needed). Puppies: 4x DA2PP, 2x Bordetella, 2x Leptospirosis, 2x bivalent CIV, Rabies. Kittens: 3x Purevax FVRCP, 2x Purevax FeLV, Purevax Rabies
- 1 fecal examination done at external lab (IDEXX).
- Puppies will get a 4DX (incl heartworm test) at 7 – 9 months of age; kittens will get a FIV / FeLV / HWT test before the first vaccination.
- Microchip implantation with pre-paid registration. Additional fees required for the microchip (if any) will be the owner’s responsibility.
- A one month supply of heartworm and flea + tick + intestinal parasite preventive.